DEPARTMENT: Finance Team
SCOPE: Finance and Account management for all the branches of Eduscan Group based in Dubai. Travel to other Emirates in the UAE may be required (30%).
INTERNAL:Course teachers, students, and administrative staff
EXTERNAL: Teachers, Venue Managers, External Agencies
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
For Eduscan Group, After School Concept and Chill N Champ
- Conduct research and analysis to prepare finance structure and strategy.
- Fully manage financial accounting and reporting along with the responsibilities mentioned below.
Defining the P&l, key incomes and expenses based on marketing research.
- Support in drafting strategy by providing clear recommendations only of incomes and expenses on the following:
- The most wanted activities
- Ideal price range based on survey and competition analysis.
- Probable Localities. Location recommendations and suggestions linked to research and pricing based on the above analysis.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- FINANCIAL REPORTING:
- Clearly define the financial time matrix for the Eduscan groups and camps along with responsibility.
- Work closely with counterparts to develop 3-month, 6-month, 12- month’s targets. (Revenue and budgets).
- Lead brainstorming sessions with heads.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Understand available systems and software for accounting and integrate this with recommendations.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Share weekly SMS of revenue and expenses, targets and achievements to concerned heads.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Collect and record Cash
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in Financial Accounting
- Leadership, Motivation and Team Skills
- Required to have a clear and full understanding of financial systems, software (preferably Tally) and processes
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen to perform complex analysis identify and understand market trends
- MS Office skills are critical Word, Basic & Advanced Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong group presentation skills
- Able and willing to work within a flat structured, low-bureaucratic company, applying all best practices obtained on previous jobs
- Willing to bring an innovative and creative approach to business
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage